Genre Decision: Thriller

   First, we looked at thrillers. I was very intrigued by the elements. As I began thinking I was familiar with them in films I'd seen before. But as I kept thinking back to our pitch I felt that it didn't quite fit. The mis-en-scene is usually dramatic and sometimes gory. There's lots of suspense and anticipation. That's not the mood we want to create with this film. So we decided not to use this genre.

Then came Comedy. At first, the elements seem very promising. The camera angles were definitely within our ability. However, when we got to sounds and dialogue we didn't think it would be necessary to make jokes all the time, especially on such a serious matter. I felt it would be too corny for our idea. So we decided not to go through with it. 

 Lastly, we chose to look at Coming of Age. I thought of this genre because our actors are teenagers. Additionally, the plot of the film had a lot to do with the common theme of Coming of Age movies where characters lose their childlike innocence and begin to mature from these experiences. We decided on this genre because we felt it fit our pitch the best. Through the research we conducted, we saw the similarities between our pitch and the elements seen within this genre. We hope to follow through and use these elements to create an amazing final project.

Our choice is a thriller as it lets us add a mysterious aspect and gives great examples of shots and sounds we can use in film media.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Finally Filming

Editing !!