CCR - Music Video


This project challenges conventions because in most rap videos, they are entirely dark and rainy and tend to have negative endings whereas my project slowly became more and more positive throughout the video. My video represents the issues minorities have while trying to attend universities and the stereotypes they face every day. In my video, it highlights a person of color going through the recovery process of tearing his ACL. It shows how much work is put into recovery and how difficult it is to get accepted into a university. My product also highlights the stereotype of minorities playing sports and only attending universities because of sports. The video mentions nothing related to academics yet the main character still received a scholarship offer in the end of the video. This represents universities allowing only select members of the minority community acceptance because of their athletic ability. In my video, I highlighted the fact that “Nate” was accepted into a university simply because of his athletic ability, not at all because of any academic ability. 


My product engages with audiences through an emotional path, emphasizing the difficult recovery process of tearing something as serious as your ACL. Appealing to pathos, the audience will be more engaged, therefor making the product more successful. This product can be easily distributed through YouTube, making it easily accessible to anyone interested. This also helps with accessing larger audiences that could potentially be interested in my product. I could also promote my video on other platforms such as Instagram or Facebook. Between the easy access on YouTube and the simple promotion tactics, I can reach a greater potential audience with my video. The audience will hopefully remain interested and maybe even rewatch or share it with a friend. 


Throughout this project has taught me so much about not just the filming process but everything that comes with it. I learned about how different angles are shot and how much effort goes into every shot. Another difficult process that I’ve learned about is editing. Although I did not do most of the editing, I learned so much about how to edit and what software is the best and most effective. There is so much that goes into every part of filming a project and it goes unnoticed most of the time. During the beginning of my video, there are simple scenes that were so difficult to film. There are so many variables in filming any scene that cannot be controlled and that was a very important lesson that I had to learn. 


During this project, I used many different types of technology to film, edit and publish this video. To film, I used an iPhone 12 and an iPhone 13 Pro. I used different phones for different shots because the angles required different qualities for effect. I also used a Lenovo laptop for two of the scenes that required pictures to be shown in the shot. To edit, I used Adobe Editing Software. This is by far the best editing software and it makes the entire process so much easier. I tried to use as little technology as possible to avoid having to find a bunch of different items. None the less, I integrated a good amount of software and technology into my product to make it the best I could.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Finally Filming

Editing !!