Research: How to Make a Short Film

  Today I watched a video about making short films. The video mentioned that when writing, I need to keep in mind what we can pull off. I shouldn't write in things that are not possible when thinking realistically. In other words, anything too expensive should be scraped from the film. The video also discussed the theme and that it should guide the story. Whatever I want out of the story should be kept in mind while writing. It also mentioned that with stories where we want the audience to be surprised, we should not use our first idea. This way the obvious idea will not be given and they will be genuinely surprised by things. It emphasizes that casting the right people is also very important. They need to be able to look the part they are playing. They need to fit the character as well. This will not be a problem for my group. My group will have a member of our group play the each of the main characters and I am confident our members will succeed. They also emphasize in the video that sound is very important to capture dialogue and background noises. My group's story will have important sounds. However the members of my group are not real film makers so the quality of the sound may not sound as though we are. My group will use the best quality items available to make the film great. Along with this, each member will be studying a specific area of the video to ensure no detail is left out. They say in the video that one of the most important things to keep in mind post-production is pacing. It needs to be cut a lot in most cases. But it shouldn't be too tight. They say that sound and added tracks should typically be used from unlicensed sites so that there are no issues with copyright or limits on the sounds. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Critical Reflection

Finally Filming

Editing !!